EPISODE SLICE #45: Expat Kerri Dishes on Landing University Teaching Jobs in Korea
Audio Only Player:
Today, and Atlas Sliced, YouTube sensation Expat Kerri is on the show! I’m thrilled to have her on. Kerri has taught English in Korea for a number of years and has documented her time abroad on her popular YouTube channel. What I love about Kerri is that she is really genuine. You can tell she really loves making videos and teaching, and her presence on camera is something special. She glows!
She’s on the show to talk mainly about teaching at the university level in South Korea. University jobs in Korea are much harder to get and are very different than typical teaching jobs most expats get. Here are some highlights from the episode slice.
- How to get a university teaching job in Korea without a Master’s degree
- How having a Master’s degree can tremendously help you get a university teaching job
- How speaking Korean can make you a more marketable candidate
- How she dealt with culture shock when she first arrived in Korea
- How she taught herself Korean and made time for it
- What kind of “royalty” benefits university teachers have in Korea (This is seriously awesome.)
- How her YouTube videos have benefitted her professionally and personally
I loved what she said at the end of the interview, and I’m making it a tweetable: “Attitude is everything… Your attitude IS your experience, and it IS your daily life.” —> Click to Tweet!
Connect with Kerri
Pssst! The contest to win a $300 hardwood world map is still active. Click here to enter!
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week