EPISODE SLICE #69: Why Wait to Travel? Start NOW With Seasonal Jobs
Audio Only Player:
I am so excited about today’s episode slice! Why? To begin, my guest is super awesome. And secondly, it’s my first FACE-TO-FACE video interview! The setup is super ghetto, but I had a great time. My guest is Susan Shain, the face behind Travel Junkette. She’s all about spreading the message that you don’t need to slave away saving money in a 9-5 job and then travel the world. You can do it NOW via seasonal and adventure jobs.
Susan and I talk about what kinds of jobs she has held and how she supports herself financially. What I love is that through her freelance work, she is developing skills that she can take with her to the workplace if she ever decides she wants to settle down. But, I don’t see that happening anytime soon.
Here are a few more things that we discuss:
- Volunteering in Nicaragua with kids at La Esperanza Granada
- How she makes money through her blog and other freelance gigs and how she found these opportunities
- Her seasonal job in Alaska
- Ways to get started doing seasonal jobs or working abroad
- How social media has helped her connect with new people
Special thanks to Susan for being an incredible host while I interviewed her in-person!
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week