EPISODE SLICE #61: Using Your Travels & Social Media to Create a Positive Online Persona
Audio Only Player:
Kayla Patterson, Go Media Coordinator at Go Abroad, is on the show today! Instead of talking about her own travel experiences, she talks about how YOU can use YOUR own travel experiences and new media to land an internship or job. She gives some great tips for using social media effectively, so you’ll want to listen closely for this one!
Here’s what we discuss:
- Her definition of new media
- Why having an understanding of new media and social media is important for getting hired
- The importance of showing a positive online persona across different new media platforms
- Dos and don’ts for maintaining a positive persona
- How sharing other people’s content is a great way to begin networking
- Tips for beginning to learn how to use different platforms
- Top tips for creating a LinkedIn profile that stands out
- Ways to combine your travel experience with new media to establish your own personal brand
- Her site, SocialMediaForStudents.com, and what it’s all about!
… and so much more!
Wanna learn a little more about how Kayla entered the world of social media and how she thinks travel and social media go hand in hand? Check out this post.
Special thanks to Kayla Patterson!
P.S. Have you found Atlas Sliced on iTunes yet? If you like what you hear, give it a five star review!
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week