EPISODE SLICE #73: International TEFL Academy – Everything You Need to Know About Teaching English Abroad
Audio Only Player:
I’m really excited about today’s episode slice because it’s packed with lots of great information. My guest Bruce Jones is the founder of International TEFL Academy (ITA), which has emerged as the most comprehensive site out there on teaching English abroad.
The interview with Bruce is two-fold. First, Bruce and I discuss his fascinating background and how International TEFL Academy came to be (minutes 1-19 ish). Then, for the remainder of the interview, we pivot into details about teaching abroad and cover the following topics:
- Why there is a need to teach English
- Biggest markets for English teachers and emerging markets
- Motivations of English learners
- What gets taught in an English language class
- The types of people who tend to go abroad to teach
- How ITA provides detailed information about teaching English in specific countries
- The types of classes offered with ITA (online and in-person) and how they meet the standard certification requirements for teaching English
- How ITA helps graduated TEFL students find jobs after they complete the certification process
… and so much more!
Now, if you’re interested (or know someone who is interested) in teaching English overseas, make sure to go to InternationalTEFLAcademy.com/AS for more info.
Special thanks to Bruce Jones for coming on the show!
* The book that Bruce mentioned during the interview is called The Practical Nomad: How to Travel Around the World.
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week