EPISODE SLICE #41: Take a Gap Year. You Won’t Regret It.
Atlas Sliced special episode week! This week, you’re getting FIVE interviews instead of one. Each day of the week, a different person from Go Overseas is on the show to talk about a unique topic. Today’s topic: Taking a gap year. Here’s a quote to start off.
“The bottom line is that you’ll almost certainly learn more from a gap year than you will in any single year in college.” - Nicholas Kristof <— Click to Tweet
Ever think, “I had a great year sitting in my office. Can’t wait to do it again!” Didn’t think so. So, get out there and see the world on a gap year! Mitch Gordon, Co-Founder and President of Go Overseas, is here to tell you all about gap years and how meaningful they can be in your life.
Here are some more highlights from the interview:
- The 5 W’s and the H (who can do one, what is it, where can you go, why do one, when to do it, how to do it)
- Ideas for funding a gap year
- Why being scared to take a gap year is okay
- How traveling can be advantageous on a resume
- What’s important to have when you go on a gap year
- How to ease the process of planning out a gap year
- How Australia and New Zealand have tons of jobs for foreigners
- Great ideas for what to do on a gap year
- A challenge to everyone to prove the above quote by Nicholas Kristoph wrong
A big thanks to Mitch for contributing to this special week! Make sure to visit Go Overseas’ Gap Year Homepage for more details on taking a gap year abroad. Also check out their article titled “101 Awesome Ideas for the Ultimate Gap Year.”
Pssst! Did you know that there’s a contest going on right now? Click here to enter to win a beautifully-designed hardwood world map.
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week