EPISODE SLICE #32: The Power of Connections As a Serial Expat
My guest today is freelance writer Edna Zhou, who is a “serial expat exploring the world one city and one year at a time.” She has lived and worked in China, Singapore, and now Paris doing a number of different jobs. Her writing positions have taken her all over the place, most notably to the London Olympics and to the Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup in Azerbaijan. She provides a great perspective on life abroad as an expat.
Here are some highlights of the interview:
- How she has gotten different jobs all over the world and tips for newbies looking to find jobs abroad (The power of connections comes into play once again!)
- How being mindful of her budget helps her live the lifestyle she wants
- What kind of visa she has in order to live in France
- Her year-off from university and why it was meaningful
- Discrimination she has faced being Asian American
- Her biggest “mistake” or teachable moment from living and working abroad
Sites mentioned in the interview
- Expat Edna – Check out her blog on living abroad long-term AND being engaged to someone really far away
- Monster – She used Monster to post her resume in different countries
- LinkedIn – Edna mentioned a great tip on how to use LinkedIn for getting jobs in other countries
Connect with Edna
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week