EPISODE SLICE #31: Career Breaker Ava Apollo Dishes On Solo Travel
My guest today is Ava Apollo, the face behind Be My Travel Muse. Ava quit her investment banking job to take a nice, fat, indefinite career break to travel solo. We had been trying to set up a time to chat for about three months, and it finally worked out while she was in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Getting over the fear of the unknown and taking the leap to travel
- How she is funding her travels
- Odd jobs to help her save money as she travels (gotta listen to this part!)
- How Instagram and adjectives helped her sell her belongings on Craigslist
- Myths of being “alone” when you travel
- How other travelers are her “guidebooks”
- Creatures and critters she has encountered while traveling
Info and sites mentioned in the interview:
- Super cool mural gig that Ava picked up in Laos. It’s beautiful!
- Ava’s post on selling her things on Craigslist
- Wandering Earl: Please Don’t Be Afraid to Travel On Your Own
Connect with Ava
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week