EPISODE SLICE #28: Overcoming Challenges When Living Abroad
In order to live and work abroad successfully, you’ve got to be able to overcome challenges that arise. Global attitude architect Katya Barry is on the show today to talk about how to overcome struggles of living in a foreign country. If you don’t know what a global attitude architect is, don’t fret. She’ll explain.
Here are some key highlights we discuss:
- Feeling out of place and struggling to connect with others + solutions
- Concerns about being a trailing spouse
- Doing more meaningful work when you’re abroad
- Katya’s Christmas party (with prizes) on December 9th, 2012 using Google+ Hangouts
Info and Sites Mentioned in the Interview
- InterNations.org – Excellent place to connect with expats. Also mentioned by Kate Yu from episode slice #13.
- Katya’s web show The Foreignator – She’s got a great new show about inspiring foreigners/expats to start their own businesses abroad.
Connect with Katya
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week