EPISODE SLICE #23: Get Started on Teaching English Abroad!
SPECIAL EPISODE ALERT! Since next Thursday is Thanksgiving, I won’t be posting an episode slice. So, I’m posting an extra one this week!
Here are a few highlights from the interview:
- Advantages of getting TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) certified
- Advice on finding the right TEFL program
- Tips for revamping your ESL resume
- Prepping for cultural differences abroad
- Applying for your visa to work abroad
- Biggest rewards of teaching in a foreign country
- Abroad 101′s awesome scholarships opportunities (deadline: November 30th)
Info and Sites Mentioned in the Interview:
- Abroad 101 – A great review site for study abroad programs and soon-to-be teach abroad programs
- Eat Your Kimchi – Good blog by expats who are teaching in Korea
- That Backpacker – Good blog by another English teacher in Korea
- TEFL Institute – Great organization that’s teaming up with Abroad 101 to offer TEFL scholarships
If you liked this episode, please consider sharing it!
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week