EPISODE SLICE #15: Working and Traveling Around the World with Alex Baackes
On today’s episode slice, I’ve got Alex Baackes, who is an underwater videographer, a writer/blogger, a photographer, an editor, and a freelance designer. You can find her online at AlexInWanderland.com. We discuss a bunch of different topics, all of which are helpful pieces of advice.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- The background behind her blog and how she got into underwater video
- Tips for getting over initial fears of scuba diving
- Tips for traveling solo
- How she “hustles” to fund her travels
- Using connections to stay for free
- Her thoughts on sponsored trips and activities
- Good sites for getting started on traveling
- Her motivations to continue traveling
- Advice to new travel bloggers
- Why adding a personal element to your blog might be a good idea
… and so much more!
Info and Sites Mentioned in the Interview:
- Alex in Wanderland – Alex’s blog. She writes about working and “playing” all over the world.
- Blackbeard’s – An affordable live-aboard diving company in the Bahamas
- TBEX – This was briefly mentioned in the interview when we talked about sponsors. I’ll be at the TBEX conference in Toronto in 2013!
- Trip Advisor – Great resource for doing trip research
- Scuba Board – A scuba diving forum and community
Connect with Alex
You can connect with Alex on her blog or on Twitter (@WanderlandAlex).
How Do I Make My Web Show?
Wondering how I put my shows together? I made a page just for you. Also, check out Creating Awesome Interviews, an intensive training series about how to make your own web show. I can personally vouch for it and say that it’s worth every penny!
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week