EPISODE SLICE #10: Profile of Sam Sachs, Peace Corps Volunteer in Ukraine
Ever wondered what the Peace Corps is like? Well, you’re in luck! You’ll get a look inside the life of Sam Sachs, a Peace Corps Volunteer in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine. Don’t ask me to pronounce it, though.
Sam and I go way back to when we attended UC Santa Barbara and lived down the hall from each other in the San Nicolas dorms.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- What the Peace Corps is all about and its placement process
- How every Peace Corps position is different. Sam’s experience may differ greatly from other people’s experiences.
- An example of what a typical day is like for Sam
- The influence of the English language in Ukraine
- First steps for getting involved with the Peace Corps
- How traveling and living abroad can shape you as a person and give you a perspective of what’s important in life.
… and so much more!
QUESTION OF THE DAY: Have you considered getting involved with the Peace Corps? Are you already involved? Let me know!
Notable quote from the interview:
“I think if everybody lived abroad at least once, this world would be a much better place.” – Sam Sachs
If you like this quote and want to Tweet it on Twitter, click here.
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week