EPISODE SLICE #76: European Travel Expert Andy Steves Talks Travel, Entrepreneurship & More
Audio Only Player:
Today’s Atlas Sliced episode is a goodie. Andy Steves, founder and CEO of Weekend Student Adventures, is my guest. It’s safe to say that he knows more about European travel than anyone I know. Having Rick Steves as his father definitely helps. What I like about Andy is that he is forging his own, different path in the travel space. We cover a ton of ground in this interview. Andy is very well-spoken, and it’s clear that he has a true passion for European travel. Plus, he is really well-spoken and fair game for all questions, including questions submitted by audience members!
Here are some specifics on what we talk about:
- The story on how Weekend Student Adventures (WSA) was founded
- What it was like growing up with Rick Steves as as his father and how it impacted Andy
- Details on WSA and how it’s different from competitors
- What it takes to be a good tour guide and a guidebook researcher
- Favorite cities in Europe, his travel style, advice for beginner travelers, and fun facts
- Audience questions on travel, his father’s influence, and WSA
… and LOTS more!
The interview is on the longer side, but when we were recording it, it didn’t feel long at all. I guess that’s what happens when you have a good guest on your show. Time flies!
Special thanks to Andy Steves for coming on the show! Any questions? Email info@WSAEurope.com.
P.S. Want to listen to Atlas Sliced as a podcast? Check it out on iTunes.
Join the E-mail list!
Get FREE insider news once a week